Monday, September 26, 2005

Harold and Maude

I really enjoyed this. It's quite a difficult film to describe, though. But you know you're going to be in safe hands when the Harold character is filmed in a car, and there's the merest hint of curtain in the window. Only a few shots later do you see him drive off, and it's confirmed that he's driving a hearse. Which Maude fishtails outrageously through a few corners later in the film. If you think that's funny, you should watch this. And if you don't... Well. Maybe you'd better stick to eating egg sandwiches in front of ceefax.

This film is good. I have no idea how or why it came about but that strangeness makes it enormously appealing.

1 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Blogger Chairman Peyote said...

No, this not an excellent blog. I know because I have a chimpanzee in a box and I get him to write all it. Most of the time he never even watches the films.

So, based on that, I totally dis-recommend you visit this person's site. They obviously have really bad taste, and the music will probably really be recordings of people digging up the roads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home