Sunday, May 20, 2007

Zodiac


Even for a film about a serial killer, it's not very nice. It's long and slow and there are some really scary bits in it. It does get a bit silly because at the beginning it says it is based on the book by Robert Graysmith, and you realise that is who Donnie Darko is playing. So you know that until he writes a book he's not going to get chopped up, which sort of spoilt it for me but it was OK really because the film made getting murdered look very grim indeed. But if that had been me and I realised I had immunity I would go round San Francisco leaving graffiti about Zodiac's mum and he wouldn't be able to touch me, ha!

Robert Downey Jnr suits having a beard, and Donnie Darko is good as well, except that you never really get that much insight into his character. All he does is imitate Richard Dreyfus in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, remembering to stop short of sculpting a big effigy of Zodiac out of mashed potato in his kitchen.

It is a good film, but it is not exactly a fun night out. Mind you, have a read about these cheeky chappies, they are REALLY frightening by comparison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home