Wednesday, June 21, 2006

X-Men: The Last Stand

I saw this movie in Arctic Norway because a) I couldn't afford to get pissed, b) I couldn't get pissed anyway because I was going to run a marathon, and c) there had to be some way of getting away from the 24/7 sunshine.

The whole Norwegian cinema-going experience was pretty good. They even had amusing adverts for local businesses. But unfortunately, while X-Men: The Last Stand wasn't too bad for part three of something (it's a lot better than The Class of Nuke 'Em High 3: The Good, the Bad, and the Subhumanoid, for instance), it didn't actively refrain from being shit. Presumably all the plot and character development got used up in the first two movies, leaving just a series of increasingly ponderous face-offs between men wearing risible helmets. And Wolverine is a rubbish superhero. From what I could make out, his main power is that he's excessively hairy, and if he ever forgot himself and picked his bum he'd be in big trouble.

Also, is it a rule that any movie with a colon in the title is ridiculous? Just reflect on the fact that Mission Impossible 3 has got two of the fuckers in there, and draw your own conclusions. But seriously, if you can think of a decent colonated movie, drop me a comment, and if you win, I'll send you an out of date horseracing tip or something

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home