Saturday, December 03, 2005

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

I was ready to dislike this movie quite intensely. I thought it sounded like The Player, written and directed by the bloke who scripted the Lethal Weapons. Hold on a moment, scratch the word 'quite' from the first sentence, please?

Surprisingly enough, it's actually very good. OK, it doesn't mean anything, and it will probably look insanely dated in five years time, but it makes you laugh in the funny places, and surprises you in the surprisy places. It's quite pleased with itself, and dare I say it, it deserves to be.

Robert Downey Jnr does well, and Val Kilmer is good as the Lethal Weapon black man character, who in this instance is a gay private eye. This made me feel a bit odd, because I normally find films with Val Kilmer in them physically disgusting, so well done him.

Just because this film's got about as much depth as a jacuzzi doesn't mean to say it's not good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home